Job Description – Systems Engineer
Mingle Analytics seeks talented candidates for the role of Systems Engineer in Microsoft Azure and MS Server based, .NET/Angular development environment. This is a security conscientious healthcare environment requiring a focus on security and best practices in the protection of data.
About Mingle Analytics
Mingle Analytics assists healthcare practices nationwide in measuring, analyzing and improving practice performance. Our headquarters office is nestled in the Oxford Hills region of Maine, on Main Street in South Paris. We have over 50 employees in 9 states and we have clients across all 50 states and 2 US Provinces. We leverage remote work technologies and processes to expand our team with highly skilled and passionate people regardless of their location.
Mingle Analytics Core Values
Service – We are useful to others. We help them to achieve what they can’t achieve on their own.
Humility – None of us can succeed alone. We are each part of a larger team’s performance. None of us is perfect. We acknowledge that our assumptions may be mistaken. We are open to better ideas and better ways of doing things.
Passion – It’s personal. Each of us is driven by a personal passion for the work we do.
Information Systems Team Values
As part of the Information Systems team; encompassing software development, quality assurance, systems administration, systems security, networking and IT support staff; we also expect our team to conduct their work and interactions according to the following value statements:
Collaboration – Our strength is the talent of our team. We get stronger the more we share.
Transparency – Open communication breeds trust. Be real.
Accountability – We all have an obligation to accept responsibility for our own actions, and for our part in the success of the business.
Quality – Prepare, work hard, and learn from your mistakes. We strive to make everything we do the best. And when we fail, we learn from it and improve.
Enjoyment – Success cannot be achieved without the ability to enjoy your work with your team. The ability to have fun at what you’re doing needs to be encouraged and supported every day.
All Information Systems candidates are expected to have:
- A willingness to work as an effective team member with extensive peer interaction
- A willingness to work outside the job description.
- A desire to be of service to a wide variety of internal and external customers
- The desire to understand the use, implementation and value of Mingle Analytics applications and services.
- The ability to learn quickly and readily ask for assistance.
- The ability to function in a rapidly changing environment with incomplete documentation and fluid roles.
- Superior self-management, organization, and time-management skills.
- Scrupulous adherence to HIPAA privacy and security policies with
- Uncompromising ethics.
- Healthcare experience and/or familiarity with medical terminology a plus.
Systems Administrators will perform a variety of tasks, including reviewing and applying system updates, systems configurations, system builds, software installations, data management and backup tasks, as well as operational tasks such as help desk support and importing and exporting of client data.
Systems Engineer tasks:
- With IT Team, plan implement and oversee the administration of and administer and maintain all physical and virtual systems at our Headquarters location and at our data centers (server, network, laptop, desktop, firewall, VoIP) to ensure maximum availability and performance.
- With IT Team, plan implement and oversee administration of and administer Microsoft Azure® based infrastructure for all operations.
- Select, deploy, utilize and train others in tools to monitor, maintain and administer all systems.
- Ensure appropriate Business Continuity measures are in place and routinely evaluate and perform recovery exercises.
- With IT Team, architect new solutions to meet business needs.
- Establish and maintain security and user access in accordance with security policy and HIPAA requirements. Ensure proper access and validate functionality and security.
- Act as an escalation point in the troubleshooting and resolving of issues for internal Mingle Analytics staff and clients as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Troubleshoot systemic issues with all infrastructure as needed, working with internal and contract/third-party resources as required to resolve.
- Build and maintain a consistent desktop/laptop imaging program to support end user systems.
- Assist in evaluation of and deployment of new technologies.
Mingle Analytics is a strongly cloud-based organization with significant investments in the Azure infrastructure. This is a prime location for someone with minimal to advanced Azure skills to learn, practice and expand their Azure knowledge and capabilities.
Successful candidates should be able to meet the following skill requirements:
Skill Experience Required
- Managing, designing, implementing Microsoft solutions 3-5 years required
- Windows Build/Imaging Processes 2 years required
- Microsoft Operating Systems and tools 3 years required
- All Server OS’s (recent)
- All Desktop OS’s (recent)
- Management tools (PowerShell, AD toolset, Azure Portal tools)
- PowerShell Scripting 6 months pref.
- Azure Cloud Service Configuration and Deployment
- SQL DB Service concepts and config 3-6 months pref.
- Web Service concepts and config 3-6 months pref.
- MS O365 application configuration & management 1 year required
- Advanced Security concepts for the Enterprise 1 year required
- Active Directory, AD Group Policy 3 years required
- Azure Active Directory 1 year preferred
- Protocols: IP, VoIP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, NTP 3 years required
- Firewall and switch functional experience 1 year preferred
All candidates need to have or quickly acquire skill with the following tools and methodologies
- Azure Services Configuration and Deployment
- Microsoft Office including
- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Skype for Business
- Agile development and service delivery
Mingle Analytics is a Maine-based company. This role has the opportunity for remote work, however it is expected that this role will occasionally require travel to our headquarters office in South Paris. Skilled routine use of remote communication tools is expected.