Job Description – SQL Server DBA/Database Programmer
Mingle Analytics seeks talented candidates for the role of SQL Server DBA/Database Programmer in a .NET/Angular/MSSQL/Azure/SQL Server environment.
About Mingle Analytics
Our vision is to be the driving force in the disruptive innovation in the healthcare market. We provide our clients with the technology and tools to bring balance to their operations; assisting them in creating a vital medical practice, providing comprehensive patient access, maintaining quality and controlling costs.
In the fast-changing world of healthcare technology where there is ever increasing pressure to maintain technology and data, our strategic consulting methodology steers practices through the rough waters of change with tools that simplify, standardize and integrate all practice operations.
Information Systems Team Values
As part of the Information Systems team; encompassing software development, data analytics/warehousing, quality assurance, systems administration, systems security, networking and support staff; we expect our team to conduct their work and interactions according to the following value statements:
Leadership – We do the rights things for our clients and our business, even if they are not easy.
Collaboration – Our strength is the talent of our team. We get stronger the more we share.
Transparency – Open communication breeds trust. Be real.
Accountability – We all have an obligation to accept responsibility for our own actions, and for our part in the success of the business.
Passion – Passion is not found in small measures. We will not settle for any less than that which we are truly capable of doing.
Quality – Prepare, work hard, and learn from your mistakes. We strive to make everything we do the best. And when we fail, we learn from it and improve.
Enjoyment – Success cannot be achieved without the ability to enjoy your work with your team. The ability to have fun at what you’re doing needs to be encouraged and supported every day.
All Information Systems candidates are expected to have:
- A willingness to work as an effective team member with extensive peer interaction. This is especially important in that we are a 100% remote team and communication is key to our success.
- A willingness to work outside the job description.
- A desire to be of service to a wide variety of internal and external customers
- The desire to understand the use, implementation and value of Mingle Analytics applications and services.
- The ability to learn quickly and readily ask for assistance.
- The ability to function in a rapidly changing environment with incomplete documentation and fluid roles.
- Superior organization and time-management skills
- Scrupulous adherence to HIPAA privacy and security policies.
- Healthcare experience and/or familiarity with medical terminology a plus.
DBA candidates will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Develop, test, and maintain SQL queries, and stored procedures built on Microsoft technologies and in accordance with established standards.
- With the Software team, develop products that deliver value to our clients.
- With the IT team, manage and maintain all DB instances in our environment as to updates, indexing, backups, log maintenance, services/jobs maintenance and performance tuning.
- With the DB team, oversee the data import process, resolve data import issues, look for ways to automate, improve. and scale the import processes.
- Use VSTS to check in database code to the repository and implement best practices for ongoing automated testing of backend processes.
- Build out, configure, populate and test new data environments as needed leveraging automated tools and processes to achieve consistency and quality.
- Develop SQL processes and schema to support reporting modules in SSRS and BI.
- Monitor the database for performance and issues and proactively ensure the system can handle increases in the volume of data and number of files being imported.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related artifacts.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
Candidate should be excited for future growth in these areas in support of emerging products and services:
- Transition of company database operations into the Azure Data Estate and Azure Data Services.
- Hadoop, Spark, R and Python
- SQL Server Machine Learning tools
- SQL Server Artificial Intelligence
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in MSSQL administration and development required
- Experience developing and improving data import processes
- Exposure to agile development methodology
- Strong desire to learn
- Successful completion of relevant MS exams in SQL a plus
Core Competency Requirements
- Excellent understanding of T-SQL, stored procedures, functions and views
- Strong experience in SSMS and other tools related to MSSQL administration
- Strong understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Understanding of SSRS. Experience with SSRS preferred.
- Understanding of BI.
- Understanding of version control concepts
- Strong desire to be world-class data and SQL troubleshooter
Mingle Analytics is a Maine-based company. Skilled routine use of remote communication tools are expected. To apply or learn more about specific positions: