Job Description - Software Engineer
Mingle Analytics seeks talented candidates for the role of Software Engineer in a .NET/Angular/SQL Server environment.
About Mingle Analytics
Our vision is to be the driving force in the disruptive innovation in the healthcare market. We provide our clients with the technology and tools to bring balance to their operations; assisting them in creating a vital medical practice, providing comprehensive patient access, maintaining quality and controlling costs.
In the fast-changing world of healthcare technology where there is ever increasing pressure to maintain technology and data, our strategic consulting methodology steers practices through the rough waters of change with tools that simplify, standardize and integrate all practice operations.
Information Systems Team Values
As part of the Information Systems team; encompassing software development, quality assurance, systems administration, systems security, networking and support staff; we expect our team to conduct their work and interactions according to the following value statements:
Leadership – We do the rights things for our clients and our business, even if they are not easy.
Collaboration – Our strength is the talent of our team. We get stronger the more we share.
Transparency – Open communication breeds trust. Be real.
Accountability – We all have an obligation to accept responsibility for our own actions, and for our part in the success of the business.
Passion – Passion is not found in small measures. We will not settle for any less than that which we are truly capable of doing.
Quality – Prepare, work hard, and learn from your mistakes. We strive to make everything we do the best. And when we fail, we learn from it and improve.
Enjoyment – Success cannot be achieved without the ability to enjoy your work with your team. The ability to have fun at what you’re doing needs to be encouraged and supported every day.
All Information Systems candidates are expected to have:
- A willingness to work as an effective team member with extensive peer interaction
- A willingness to work outside the job description.
- A desire to be of service to a wide variety of internal and external customers
- The desire to understand the use, implementation and value of Mingle Analytics applications and services.
- The ability to learn quickly and readily ask for assistance.
- The ability to function in a rapidly changing environment with incomplete documentation and fluid roles.
- Superior organization and time-management skills
- Scrupulous adherence to HIPAA privacy and security policies.
- Healthcare experience and/or familiarity with medical terminology a plus.
Software Development candidates will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Be a team player who assists the Agile team in becoming self-managing, with a constant vigil toward inspecting and adapting
- Focus on the upkeep of code quality
- Develop, test, and maintain web based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Design and develop API interfaces with other applications
- With the Software team, guide the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Participate in business operations as necessary to meet business goals.
Desired Skills & Experience
· College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred
· 3+ years’ experience in .NET MVC (C#) application development required
· Experience in agile development
Core Competency Requirements
· Strong understanding of object oriented programming concepts
· Strong understanding of relational database design and querying concepts in SQL Server
· Understanding of version control concepts
· Strong experience with Microsoft .NET development processes and tools
· Experience in TDD and test automation
Mingle Analytics is a Maine-based company but the majority of our employees work remotely. Skilled, routine use of remote communication tools is expected.