Job Description – SQL Server DBA/Azure SQL Developer
Mingle Analytics seeks talented candidates for the role of SQL Server DBA/Azure SQL Developer in a .NET/Angular/MSSQL/Azure/SQLaaS environment.
About Mingle Analytics
Our vision is to be the driving force in the disruptive innovation in the healthcare market. We provide our clients with the technology and tools to bring balance to their operations; assisting them in creating a vital medical practice, providing comprehensive patient access, maintaining quality and controlling costs.
In the fast-changing world of healthcare technology where there is ever increasing pressure to maintain technology and data, our strategic consulting methodology steers practices through the rough waters of change with tools that simplify, standardize and integrate all practice operations.
Information Systems Team Values
As part of the Information Systems team; encompassing software development, data analytics/warehousing, quality assurance, systems administration, systems security, networking and support staff; we expect our team to conduct their work and interactions according to the following value statements:
Leadership – We do the rights things for our clients and our business, even if they are not easy.
Collaboration – Our strength is the talent of our team. We get stronger the more we share.
Transparency – Open communication breeds trust. Be real.
Accountability – We all have an obligation to accept responsibility for our own actions, and for our part in the success of the business.
Passion – Passion is not found in small measures. We will not settle for any less than that which we are truly capable of doing.
Quality – Prepare, work hard, and learn from your mistakes. We strive to make everything we do the best. And when we fail, we learn from it and improve.
Enjoyment – Success cannot be achieved without the ability to enjoy your work with your team. The ability to have fun at what you’re doing needs to be encouraged and supported every day.
All Information Systems candidates are expected to have:
- A willingness to work as an effective team member with extensive peer interaction. This is especially important in that we are a 100% remote team and communication is key to our success.
- A willingness to work outside the job description.
- A desire to be of service to a wide variety of internal and external customers
- The desire to understand the use, implementation and value of Mingle Analytics applications and services.
- The ability to learn quickly and readily ask for assistance.
- The ability to function in a rapidly changing environment with incomplete documentation and fluid roles.
- Superior organization and time-management skills
- Scrupulous adherence to HIPAA privacy and security policies.
- Healthcare experience and/or familiarity with medical terminology a plus.
DBA/Azure SQL Development candidates will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Develop, test, and maintain SQL queries, and stored procedures built on Microsoft technologies and in accordance with established standards.
- With the Software team, develop products that deliver value to our clients.
- With the DB team, design and implement solutions that scale to meet business needs.
- Manage and maintain all DB instances in our environment as to updates, indexing, backups, log maintenance, services/jobs maintenance and performance tuning.
- Build out, configure, populate and test new data environments as needed leveraging automated tools and processes to achieve consistency and quality.
- Lead the transition of company database operations into the Azure Data Estate and Azure Data Services.
- Develop SQL processes and schema to support reporting modules.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of SQL environment.
- Assist Director of Development and CTO in building data strategy to encompass advanced Azure data technologies including, but not limited to: AI, machine learning, Hadoop, Spark, R and Python, in order to optimize the company's data estate and support new and emerging products and services
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related artifacts.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Participate in business operations as necessary to meet business goals.
Desired Skills & Experience
· College or University degree in Computer Science, Data Science or a related discipline preferred
· 7+ years’ experience in MSSQL administration and development required
· Experience in SQL Server Machine Learning tools
· Experience or desire to learn SQL Server Artificial Intelligence
· Exposure to agile development methodology
· Strong desire to learn
· Azure experience preferred
· Python/R experience preferred
Core Competency Requirements
· Excellent understanding of T-SQL, stored procedures, functions and views
· Strong experience in SSMS and other tools related to MSSQL administration
· Strong understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
· Understanding of SSRS. Experience with SSRS preferred.
· Understanding of BI. Experience with BI preferred.
· Understanding of version control concepts
· Strong desire to be world-class data and SQL troubleshooter
· Understanding of cloud technologies and Azure services infrastructure preferred
· Successful completion of relevant MS exams in SQL.
Mingle Analytics is a Maine-based company. Occasional visits to Maine and skilled routine use of remote communication tools are expected.